Saturday, May 5, 2012

Abenteuer


Freitag, 04. Mai 2012

Heute haben wir oft spazieren gegangen! The day was filled with walking and adventure. During our free time in the morning, we hiked up the hill to the Burschenschaftsdenkmal. From there we hiked back down a scenic route, Panoramaweg, which provided a nice view of Eisenach.





The afternoon offered a unique opportunity for us. May 4 is the anniversary of Martin Luther being taken away to go into hiding at the Wartburg. We joined a group of confirmation students and took a bus to Lutherweg, where we walked the path for a bit. We then came to the point where Luther was taken, where a monument now stands. Several people gathered to celebrate the day, and there was a reenactment of Luther’s “kidnapping,” which I was mostly able to follow with my German. This opportunity was also a nice time to speak with a couple pastors and learn more from them.



In the evening we attended worship at the Wartburg. This was my first time in the castle, and I am very anxious to start working on my internship there Monday. Today I received an outline of the plan for my internship, and I look forward to learning from the people I work with at the castle. Attending worship, if only to see the chapel, made me excited to be part of the rich history.

No comments:

Post a Comment